Saturday, May 1, 2010

the "Fix"


Last night I (Katie) was at a small dinner party. I was in the kitchen talking to one of the ladies and she mentioned how her glasses were bent and uncomfortable and how she just couldn't see well out of them. I took a closer look and realized they were crooked. I then went on to tell her how I am an optician of 11 years and if she gave me a quick second I could put them back into shape. She couldn't believe it. I reached into my hand bag and pulled out my optical screwdriver (yeah, I carry that with me at all times, so if you see me at the grocery store or on the streets, yes, I can fix your specs) and went to work. In about thirty seconds her glasses were as good as new. Straight and aligned. Tightened and she could actually see! I mean, what is the point if you can't see? She then threw her arms up and rejoiced which then was followed by a big hug. Did I mention that I just met her last night for the first time? So a hug was a pretty big deal. It was right then when I remembered, yet again, how much I love this industry. To be able to make someone, even someone you just met or barely know, so happy with just a tighten of a screw and a bend of an end piece. So, with that said, please stop in Eye Candy and see me, let me adjust your glasses (at no charge of course) so you can see out of them. Or if you run into me at the grocery store, stop me and say "hi". I'll even adjust them for you in the produce department! I hope to see you soon.

Remember our NEW store hours:
Sunday 11-3
Wednesday 1-6
Thursday 11-6
Friday 9-2
Saturday 11-6
always available by appointment

1 comment:

  1. Hahah! This is great! And I can vouch for it too - Katie has fixed my glasses at dinner parties more than twice. You're the best in the biz, KB!

    ReplyDelete